We are looking for a stockperson to take day-to-day responsibility for 150 Beef Shorthorn and Angus commercial cross cows and 400 ewes. You will be joining a team within a wider progressive breeder finisher system built on home-bred genetics.
Responsibilities and Duties will include
- General day-to-day cattle and sheep management including calving and outdoor lambing.
- Assisting with livestock and general farm work across our wider farming business.
- Grazing management including the implementation of rotational and mob grazing systems.
- Experience of all aspects of cattle and sheep husbandry.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a wider team.
- An interest in grassland management and forage based systems.
- Agricultural qualifications are desirable but not essential. On-going training will be provided.
A competitive package to include a family farmhouse with good access to local schools is available.
Interested candidates should apply to [email protected] with a copy of their CV or can call James Biggar for an informal discussion about the position.
Any interest will be treated in the strictest confidence.